Easy ways to use Baobab Baobest Fruit Powder
- Put a tablespoon or two into plain water for a refreshing drink. A blender bottle works great.
- Stir baobab into a glass of juice. Baobab has a lightly tangy taste, which complements most any juice.
- Add it to yogurt or smoothies for an antioxidant and fiber-rich treat.
- Mix baobab into pancake or waffle batter for a healthier breakfast.
- Perfect for most any muffin recipe.
- Make cookies a little healthier by adding some baobab.
- Place a smidgeon on top of ice cream or sherbet.
- Spoon a little into tea for a warm, refreshing treat.
- Incorporate some into marinades or sauces for a flavorful nutrient boost.
- Sprinkle some on cereal.
- Bake baobab into homemade granola.
Get Cooking with Baobab
A berry, berry good Baobab smoothie
- 2 tablespoons of Baobest™ Fruit Powder
- ¾ cup soy or low-fat milk (for a thicker smoothie – use plain Greek yogurt)
- ¼ cup mixed frozen berries
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 large banana
- ¼ cup of orange juice (or any flavor fruit juice you like best)
- 1 teaspoon honey
In a blender combine all ingredients. Cover and blend on high for at least 30 seconds then pour into two glasses. Makes 2 servings.
Apricot & Baobab Buttermilk Scones
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons of Baobab Fruit Powder
- 6 tablespoons chilled stick margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries (such as Craisins)
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife
- Combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, Baobab powder and salt; cut in margarine with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal
- Stir in apricots and cranberries
- Combine buttermilk, orange rind, egg and egg white; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 times with floured hands. Roll dough into a 12 x 6-inch rectangle
- Cut dough into 8 (3-inch) squares using a dull knife or a dough scraper
- Cut each square into 2 triangles; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar
- Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until golden. Serve warm
A few of our favorite Baobab Recipes from online:
Send or post your favorite Baobab recipes here.